Public Education Volunteer
|Contact||Ms Meaghan Plomp, Coordinator of Volunteers, Alzheimer Society of Hamilton and Halton; Phone: 905-529-7030; Fax: 905-529-3787; Email: email@example.com|
|More Info Link||www.alzhh.ca|
|Duties||Position: To assist the Public Education Coordinators with Virtual Dementia Tours and Public Display request at various locations in Hamilton and/or Halton. |
Virtual Dementia Tours (VDTs):
* Explain the Virtual Dementia Tour and its’ goals of promoting awareness and empathy.
* Provide participants with all pertinent information and materials.
* Follow the procedures as indicated for each participant involved.
* Keep records of attendees, questions and evaluations as required by staff.
Public Display/Information Booths:
* Act as a representative of the Alzheimer Society at public display opportunities.
* Set up and take down the display booth.
* Answer questions, provide brochures and direct people to appropriate resources in a professional and helpful manner.
|Benefits||* Increase knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. |
* Enhance public speaking and outreach skills.
* Knowledge that your time and commitment strengths the ability of the Society to expand its’ reach within the community.
* Access to Alzheimer Society resources (books, videos, publications).
|Dates and Times||Time commitment will vary depending on schedule of events.|
|Location||Various locations thoughout Hamilton.|
|Number of Positions||Ancaster: 1 individual(s) ; Dundas: 1 individual(s) ; Flamborough: 1 individual(s) ; Glanbrook: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton Central: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton East: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton Mountain: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton West: 1 individual(s) ; Stoney Creek: 1 individual(s)|
|Minimum Hours||5 / Month|
|Training||Training is provided - Training will be provided onsite.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Large Group|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Education ; Assistant - Senior's Programs & Services ; Teaching ; Teaching/Instructor|
|Skills/Experience||* Knowledge of dementia and its implications for those with the disease. |
* Previous experience with public speaking, educational workshops, facilitation and adult education.
* Patience; excellent communication skills; empathy.
* Good people skills, professional attitude and reliable.
* Willingness to complete all record keeping requirements.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Alzheimer Society of Hamilton and Halton|
|Address & Map|
|Office Phone||* Hamilton 905-529-7030 |
* North & South Halton 1-888-343-1017
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-343-1017|