|Contact||Ms Rachel Murphy, Manager of Volunteers, Wellwood Resource Centre of Hamilton; Phone: 905-337-8870 ext 202; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|More Info Link||wellwood.on.ca/index.php/volunteering|
|Duties||* Attend functions with the Wellwood display as pre-determined by the coordinator. |
* Act as a representative of Wellwood at such events.
* Review email/voice mail messages on a regular basis for outreach opportunities as shared by the outreach coordinator.
* Respond by email or voice mail to confirm your participation in events you have chosen.
* Gather more information about the specific event from the coordinator or Program Director.
* If working alone or with a partner, arrange with the office to pick up the display for the event.
* At the event, answer questions about Wellwood programs and services, hand out materials and make referrals.
* Arrange for the return of the display to the Wellwood office.
|Benefits||Connecting individuals and groups to a resource in which they can benefit greatly from.|
|Clients||People affected by cancer.|
|Location||501 Sanatorium Road, at Rice Avenue, Hamilton|
|Accessibility||Accessibility may vary depending on the location of the event.|
|Number of Positions||Hamilton Mountain: 15 individual(s)|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Commitment Length||TIME REQUIRED: |
Varied hours – approximately 2 to 3 hours per month or less.
|Training||Training is provided - Training is provided by Wellwood.|
|Transportation||On Bus Route - On the 33 Sanatorium and 41A Mohawk bus routes.|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one - One to one with clients.|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Volunteer Categories||Events Coordination ; Public Relations ; Set up/Clean up|
|Skills/Experience||SKILLS NEEDED: |
* Pleasant, welcoming style.
* Knowledge of Wellwood’s many programs and services. (Will be taught.)
* Access to a car is an asset but not necessary.
* Physical ability to transport and set up Wellwood’s display to and from events.
* Positive presence from Wellwood at events in the community.
* Observation by co-leader.
* Periodic observation and coaching as required by Volunteer Committee member.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Wellwood Resource Centre of Hamilton|
|Address & Map|