Virtual Dementia Tour Volunteer
|Contact||Ms Anne Cheeseman, Coordinator of Volunteers, Alzheimer Society of Hamilton and Halton; Phone: 905-529-7030; Fax: 905-529-3787; Email: email@example.com|
|More Info Link||www.alzhh.ca|
|Duties||* Provide a welcoming and positive environment for participants. |
* Explain the Virtual Dementia Tour and its’ goals of promoting awareness and empathy.
* Lead the discussion of the steps involved in the tour.
* Provide participants with all pertinent forms and materials.
* Follow the procedures as indicated for each participant involved.
* With the support of Alzheimer Society staff, provide participants with information regarding * Keep records of attendees, questions and evaluations as required by staff.
* Notify appropriate staff member if you are unable to attend a pre-scheduled event with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
|Benefits||* Increased knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. |
* Enhanced facilitation skills through training and practice.
* Knowledge that your time and commitment strengthens the ability of the Society to expand its’ reach within the community.
* Limited time commitments.
* Access to Alzheimer Society resources (books, videos, publications).
|Dates and Times||Time varies depending on Virtual Dementia Tour requests.|
|Location||Various locations throughout Hamilton.|
|Number of Positions||Ancaster: 1 individual(s) ; Dundas: 1 individual(s) ; Flamborough: 1 individual(s) ; Glanbrook: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton Central: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton East: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton Mountain: 1 individual(s) ; Hamilton West: 1 individual(s) ; Stoney Creek: 1 individual(s) |
9 individual(s) needed in total.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Training||Training is provided|
|Transportation||Transportation Required - You must provide your own transportation.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Community & Family Services ; Assistant - Education ; Assistant - Senior's Programs & Services ; Teaching/Instructor|
|Skills/Experience||* Knowledge of dementia and its implications for those with the disease. |
* Facilitation skills and the ability to lead role play activities within safe parameters.
* Ability to provide own transportation to various locations.
* Willingness to complete all record keeping requirements including attendance forms and evaluations for reporting to appropriate staff member.
* Good communication skills.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Alzheimer Society of Hamilton and Halton|
|Address & Map|
|Office Phone||* Hamilton 905-529-7030 |
* North & South Halton 1-888-343-1017
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-343-1017|