Focus Group Facilitator
|Contact||Ms Erin Fuller, Youth Net Coordinator, Hamilton Public Health Services; Phone: 905-546-2424 ext 7117; Fax: 905-546-3658; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|More Info Link||www.youthnethamilton.ca|
|Duties||* Create a safe non-judgmental forum for youth to talk with each other about mental health issues. |
* Co-facilitate discussions about 1.5 hours long with groups of 8 to 12 youth in the Hamilton community.
* Administer the Youth Net survey to youth before the focus group discussion begins and review it to help identify youth at risk.
* Accurately record the issues and ideas raised in the focus group discussions.
* Provide the data collected from the focus group (consent forms, survey, recording forms) to the Youth Net Coordinator for collation.
* Identify and follow up with participants who may be at risk or require additional support.
* Inform youth about community resources so they have access to additional supports and provide links to professionals in the community when needed.
* Consult with clinical back up and the Youth Net Coordinator as needed.
* Participate in effective communication with coordinator, facilitators, Youth Advisory Team members and Steering Committee.
* Participate in monthly facilitator meetings.
* Participate in basic training of 3 full days.
|Benefits||* Honorarium provided for each group facilitated and each monthly meeting attended. |
* References provided.
* Work experience to improve employability.
|Clients||Youth ages 13 to 18.|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Focus Group Facilitator meetings take place on the 3rd Monday evening each month. Most focus groups take place during school hours.
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter|
|Location||Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board secondary schools and community organizations.|
|Number of Positions||Not Limited: 20 individual(s)|
|Ages||19 year(s) - 30 year(s)|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Minimum Hours||6 / Month|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (more than 12 months)|
|Training||Training is required ; * Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (provided). |
* Facilitation Training (provided).
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Children's Programs, Services & Events ; Befriending ; Board/Committee Members ; Information and Referral ; Mentoring Services ; Public Relations ; Suicide Prevention ; Support Group Facilitation|
|Skills/Experience||Focus group facilitators are between the ages of 19 and 30 years. They must be enthusiastic about working with youth, friendly, respectful, non-judgmental and have good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Facilitators must also have strong group leadership skills and enjoy team work and group participation. They must have knowledge of youth and mental health issues.|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Youth Net Hamilton|
|Mailing Address||c/o Hamilton Public Health Services |
1447 Upper Ottawa St
Hamilton, ON L8W 3J6
|Office Phone||905-546-2424 ext 4119|