Community Mobilization Team
|Contact||Elske de Visch Eybergen, Director of WrapAround Services, Shalem Mental Health Network; Phone: 905-528-0353; Fax: 905-528-3562; Email: email@example.com|
|More Info Link||www.shalemnetwork.org|
|Duties||* Community Mobilization Team support the work of trained volunteer wraparound facilitators who work alongside families facing difficult times in our community, who have asked for help. |
* Help educate the local community about Wraparound and how to get involved and make a difference.
* Connect families to resources/networking/communicator.
* Meet each month and work together as part of the group.
* Assist with fundraising, manning displays in the community at festivals/volunteer fairs.
|Benefits||* Able to see the benefits of walking alongside and using your specific talents and gifts, to help others in your neighbourhood. |
* Use or develop a skill set that you are passionate about to help others.
|Clients||Through the wraparound process, have the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the life of families.|
|Dates and Times||Wednesday: Afternoon, Evening (5:30 pm - 7:00 pm) |
3 to 4 hours per month on average.
|Location||Melrose United Church, 86 Homewood Avenue, at Locke Street, Hamilton|
|Number of Positions||Hamilton West: 5 individual(s)|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Minimum Hours||15 / Month|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (more than 12 months)|
|Transportation||On Bus Route - Near the 6 Aberdeen and 7 Locke bus routes.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Start Date||On or after 01 Feb 2011|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Community & Family Services ; Public Relations ; Recreational Activities|
|Skills/Experience||* You want to make a difference in your community. |
* You are connected to other people and groups in the community.
* You are available to meet for a couple of hours each month.
* You are willing to help out at special events.
* You have a vulnerable person police clearance.
* Access to a vehicle is always helpful.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||WrapAround Hamilton|
|Address & Map|
|Mailing Address||c/o Shalem Mental Health Network-WrapAround|
|Office Phone||Shalem Mental Health Network: 905-528-0353 |
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-347-0041|