|Contact||Ms Bev Latour, TR, Program Planner, Sam Central Program, First Place, 350 King Street East, 3rd Floor, Hamilton; Phone: 905-525-1181; Fax: 905-525-4149; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||* Assist staff by portering clients to and from program locations within the building. |
* Assist staff with the program activities.
* Assist serving coffee and lunch time meals.
* Socialize with the clients.
* Opportunity to share in the creative component in the program.
* Assist with daily activities, greet and socialize with clients who may have a communication, cognitive or social barrier.
* Assist with morning refreshments.
* Serving and clearing lunch time meal.
* Assist with coats and departure at end of day.
* Provide feedback and share observations of interactions with SAM staff.
|Benefits||* Opportunities for personal growth and skill development. |
* Refreshments available.
* Lunch provided for those volunteers who help during the lunch period.
|Clients||Older adults and seniors with diminished abilities.|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Specific times can be flexible as convenient to the volunteer.
|Location||Sam Central Program, First Place, 350 King Street East, 3rd Floor, at Wellington, Hamilton|
|Number of Positions||Hamilton Central: 5 individual(s)|
|Ages||13 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Week|
|Commitment Length||Short Term (less than 3 months) ; Long Term (more than 12 months)|
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Transportation||On Bus Route - On the 1 King bus route. ; Parking is available at cost to volunteer.|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Large Group|
|Start Date||On or after 01 Sep 2012|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Food Programs and Food Preparation ; Assistant - Senior's Programs & Services ; Befriending ; Porter ; Recreational Activities ; Set up/Clean up|
|Skills/Experience||* Enjoy working with people. |
* Second language is an asset.
|Additional Requirements||* Application is required. |
* Must provide references.
* Police check is required.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Seniors Activation Maintenance Program (SAM), SAM Central Program|
|Address & Map|
|Mailing Address||c/o SAM Program |
PO Box 75087
350 King St E
Hamilton, ON L8N 4G6