YMCA Canada Peace Medal
|Address & Map|
|Major Intersection||James St S and Main St W|
|Primary Contact||Susy Comegna, Coordinator; Phone: 905-681-1140 ext 233|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||There are four categories of YMCA Peace Medal Awards: Adult Individual, Adult Group, Youth Individual, and Youth Group. |
The YMCA Canada Peace Medal is presented to an individual member and group of the community who has made a significant contribution to peace from a personal, community and/or international perspective.
A second set of medals are awarded to a young person and young group, 19 years of age or younger, who has made a significant contribution to peace in their home, school, neighbourhood or community.
As a recipient of the YMCA Canada Peace Medal, the individual or group nominated should meet as many of the following criteria as possible:
* The actions of the nominee have demonstrated their commitment to the advancement of peace or the promotion of non-violence in the community.
* The nominee has developed, on his or her own or with others, a program or activity that contributes to a safe and non-violent environment in the community.
* The actions of the nominee will have demonstrated ways to live in peace and harmony in an increasingly diverse society.
* The nominee has acted in such a way as to have made a difference in promoting peace, within the family; in the community; our nation or internationally.
* The nominee has developed, on his/her own or with others, a program or activity that contributes to a safe/non-violent community and promotes social justice and community cohesion.
* The nominee will have, through their actions, served as an example to other youth in the pursuit of peace and a non-violent community (For youth nominees only).
The YMCA Peace Medal is awarded each November during YMCA Peace Week.
Nomination forms can be found on the website: www.ymcahbb.ca
|Areas Served||Burlington ; Hamilton (City of)|
|Bus Routes||(1) KING ; (2) BARTON ; (3) CANNON ; (4) BAYFRONT ; (6) ABERDEEN ; (7) LOCKE ; (8) YORK ; (9) ROCK GARDENS ; (20) A-LINE ; (21) UPPER KENILWORTH ; (22) UPPER OTTAWA ; (23) UPPER GAGE ; (24) UPPER SHERMAN ; (25) UPPER WENTWORTH ; (26) UPPER WELLINGTON ; (27) UPPER JAMES ; (33) SANATORIUM ; (35) COLLEGE ; (51) UNIVERSITY|
|Service Categories||Recognition Awards|