King's Way Outreach Centre
|Early Years Information|
|Early Years Headings||Food Banks|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address & Map|
|Located In Community||Hamilton East|
|Major Intersection||King St E and Wentworth St S|
|Primary Contact||Shelly Clement, Programs Manager; Phone: 905-296-9473|
|Description & Services|
|Description||The King's Way Outreach Centre provides the following programs: |
* Meals and Feeding Programs – Breakfast and Hot lunches served Monday through Thursday, 11 am to 3 pm.
* Groceries/Food Pantry – grocery baskets provided to those in need upon request as food items are available.
* Home with a Heart – Training program for single parents offering teaching and mentoring in daily life skills, home management, budgeting, organization, parenting, laundry, cooking, nutritional meal planning, etc.
* Breaking Down the Walls of Addiction – Weekly support group
* Job Readiness Workshops – Practical training in job readiness skills
* Relational, Emotional, and Physical Wellness Workshops Classes rotate by theme and are conducted on a weekly basis. Men’s and women’s support groups also available.
* Adult Literacy and Tutoring
* Household and Clothing Distribution
* Community Service Referrals
|Hours||Mon-Thu 11 am-3 pm, Fri 6 pm-9 pm|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Boundaries||The City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek|
|Eligibility||No minimum or maximum ages. General population in need is served |
Youth programs serve ages 12 - 21 years
|Service Categories||Drop In Centres ~ Faith Based Organizational Perspective ; Food Banks ; Homeless Meals ; Youth Centres|