All Sexual Health Clinics
|Site Location||Various locations in the City of Hamilton|
|Mailing Address||c/o Sexual Health Program |
1 Hughson St N, 4th Flr
Hamilton, ON L8R 3L5
|Office Phone||905-528-5894 |
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - Dundas Location; East End Location; Mountain Location; Street Health Centre Location; Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre Location ; Not Accessible - Waterdown location|
|Located In Community||Hamilton (City of)|
|Description||Sexual Health (SH) Clinics are located throughout the city. |
All ages and genders are welcome
Please note: Effective October 1, 2013 clients must register 15 minutes before clinic closes to be seen.
Clinic services include:
* Information about sexual health, safer sex practices, abstinence, and birth control options.
* Low cost birth control available to all clients aged 19 and under. Clients aged 20 and older who are in financial need may be eligible for low cost birth control. Birth control options available: pill (limited products), patch (Evra) and ring (Nuva Ring) available. Please note: contraceptives are not available at the STD Hamilton General Hospital and Street Health clinic sites.
* Free Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) also know as Plan B and the Morning After Pill (may be given up to 5 days after unprotected sex).
*Free urine pregnancy testing when applicable at all sites.
* The physician/nurse practitioner may need to complete a PAP test. You will be asked to show your health card if having a Pap test.
* Testing for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Please do not empty your bladder for 2 hours prior to your visit. Testing may involve collecting urine, blood and/or swabs.
* Anonymous HIV testing available at all clinic sites if you prefer not to use your name. You will be identified by a code number that will be given to you at your first visit. You will need to bring this with you when you return for your results.
* Rapid HIV Testing (also known as Point of Care) is available at all of our clinics except Waterdown site. This test is done by a finger prick blood sample and the results are ready in a few minutes.
* No phone results; all clients must return to clinic in 2 weeks for results.
* Free treatment for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis infections available at all sites. Clients who are symptomatic and/or contacts may be treated before test results confirmed. Treatment for HPV (genital warts) is available at all sites except Waterdown, Wesley and Streeth Health clinic sites.
* Free condoms
* Free Hepatitis A and B vaccines for persons at risk
* Free needle exchange and harm reduction supplies is available. Sorry supplies are not available to diabetic clients. Please note: needle exchange and harm reduction supplies are not available at Hamilton General Hospital STD clinic site.
More information may be found on the website or call the Sexual Health Information Line at 905-528-5894 (confidential, no call display) to speak with a Public Health Nurse.
|Hours||Sexual Health Clinic Locations & Hours: |
* Dundas Clinic - 2 King St W, 2nd Flr. (Tues 11:30 am-4 pm)
* East End Clinic - 247 Centennial Parkway N., Unit #8 (Mon 12:30 pm-4 pm; and Thurs 3 pm-6 pm)
* Mountain Clinic - 1447 Upper Ottawa St., Unit #8 (Mon 3 pm-6 pm; and Wed 12:30 pm-4 pm)
* Waterdown Clinic - 315 Dundas St. E., 2nd Flr. (Wed 3 pm-6 pm)
* Health Initiatives for Youth Hamilton (Hify) - 151 York Blvd. Unit F, lower level (across from Sir John A MacDonald School) (Tues - Fri 2 pm - 5 pm)
* Hamilton General Hospital - 237 Barton St. E., 1st Flr., Outpatient Department(Wed 4:30 pm-7 pm)
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of) - including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek|
|Eligibility||All ages and genders welcome|
|Service Categories||Birth Control Counselling ~ Adolescents ; Contraception ~ Adolescents ; Contraception ~ Low Income ; Emergency Contraception ~ Adolescents ; HIV Testing ; HIV Testing ~ Adolescents ; Pregnancy Testing ; Public Health Nursing ; Sexuality/Reproductive Health Education ~ Specialized Information and Referral ; Sexually Transmitted Disease Screening ; Sexually Transmitted Disease Treatment ; Teen Family Planning Programs ; Walk In Clinics|
|Subjects||AIDS ; Communicable diseases ; Family life education ; Family planning ; Health education ; HIV tests ; Municipal government ; Pregnancy tests ; Public health ; Sexuality ; Sexually transmitted diseases ; Walk-in medical clinics ; Youth|