|Address & Map|
|Major Intersection||Main St W and Hess St S|
|Primary Contact||Gillian Hendry, Director, Housing and Homelessness; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Name (Internal use only)||City of Hamilton|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||The Housing Services Division is responsible for managing and planning for the system of services to address affordable housing and homelessness in Hamilton through: |
* program administration and funding of all provincial non-profit and co-operative housing projects in the City of Hamilton
* program administration of all federal non-profit housing projects, with the exception of federal co-operative housing projects
* providing statistical information, policy research and advocacy to City Council and the civic administration, other levels of government, community agencies and the private development industry on a range of housing, homelessness and accommodation issues in the community
* Establishes partnerships and delivers housing development and rehabilitation programs to increase the supply of affordable housing and contribute to improved neighbourhoods.
* administration of a range of programs and services to address homelessness including the Homelessness Partnering Strategy, Consolidated Homelessness Prevention Program and domicilliary and emergency hostels.
For information on how to apply for subsidized housing contact "Access to Housing" at 905-524-2228.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Seniors, families and singles|
|Bus Routes||(1) KING ; (5) DELAWARE - STONEY CREEK ; (7) LOCKE ; (34) UPPER PARADISE ; (51) UNIVERSITY|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Service Categories||Housing Authorities ; Public Housing|
|Subjects||Housing ; Housing development ; Housing facilities ; Low income housing ; Municipal government ; Seniors housing ; Volunteer opportunities|