Hamilton-Niagara Regional Passport Program
|Address & Map|
|Site Location||Main floor of the Effort Square Building; adjacent to the Crowne Plaza Hotel.|
|Major Intersection||John St N and King St E|
|Toll Free Phone||1-877-376-4674|
|TTY Phone||Call local or toll free number and TTY Service will be arranged.|
|Primary Contact||Glenn Forrest, Passport Administrator; Phone: ext 205|
|Primary Executive||Lea Pollard, Executive Director; Phone: ext 225|
|Alternate Executive||Leanne Mione, DSO HNR and Passport Manager; Phone: ext 201|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||Program for young people with a developmental disability who are transitioning out of school and for adults who have a developmental disability who are no longer in school and are seeking community participation supports. The key goals of the Passport Program are to: |
* Assist young people who have a developmental disability to make the transition from school to life as an adult in the community
* Improve the quality of participation in the community for adults with a developmental disability by providing supports that focus on individual goals, work activities and community participation
* Promote independence, continuing education and personal development
The Passport program gives people that have been approved for funding the option of receiving funding directly to purchase community participation services and support (this is called Self-Directed Funding) or they can choose to access services and supports through MCSS funded transfer payment agencies (this is called Agency Services). People who have been approved for funding can also choose to have a combination of both options.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Brant County ; Haldimand County ; Hamilton (City of) - including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek ; Niagara Region ; Norfolk County ; Six Nations / New Credit|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up |
Intended for residents of Ontario that have a confirmed developmental disability and:
* Have left school and would benefit from supports that will help them participate in recreational, vocational or educational opportunities in the community
* Have been waiting for service and are in need of community participation supports
* Are not receiving Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) Employment Supports.
* Participants in Passport can live independently or in supportive living.
The application process for Passport is the same as the application process for any adult developmental service; interested persons can call the DSO HNR. In order to be eligible for adult developmental services, including Passport, the person must have a confirmed developmental disability - this process will be clearly explained at the time of the call.
|Application||Anyone that is interested in the Passport Program can call Developmental Services Ontario Hamilton Niagara Region (DSO HNR). The DSO HNR will need to confirm the person’s eligibility and will complete the application assessment. The DSO HNR maintains a list of people that are interested in the Passport Program. |
If you would like information about the Passport program and/or to see if you are eligible, please call Developmental Services Ontario Hamilton-Niagara Region (also administered by Contact Hamilton) at 905-297-5604 or toll free at 1-877-376-4674 and ask for the Intake Coordinator.
|Bus Routes||(1) KING ; (5) DELAWARE - STONEY CREEK|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services|
|Service Categories||Developmental Disabilities Social/Recreational Programs ~ Service Cost Payment Assistance|
|Subjects||Coordinating organizations ; Developmental disabilities ; Disability benefits ; Financial assistance|