Youth Justice Services - Community Programs, Reintegration Services - Hamilton
|Address & Map|
|Major Intersection||Pritchard Rd and Stone Church Rd E|
|Primary Contact||Patrick McCowell, Program Manager; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Bob Burchett, Director of Operations, Banyan Management Services; Phone: 905-543-3542; Email: email@example.com|
|Volunteer Coordinator||Rhonda Sheridan, Volunteer Coordinator, Banyan Management Services; Phone: 905-543-3532; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Name (Internal use only)||BCS|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Mountain East|
|Description||The goal of Banyan's Reintegration Services - Hamilton is to help young people, who have been in conflict with the law, succeed in our communities * A Youth and Family Intervention Worker is assigned to work closely with the Case Manager (Probation Officer), the youth and family to develop a treatment plan to meet their unique needs * Individualized intervention focuses on supporting the youth to meet their basic needs, to address identified cognitive and clinical issues and to improve family and social functioning to reduce recidivism * The Case Manager may also request support with re-integration planning for those young people who have received a custodial disposition to increase his/her chances of success once s/he returns to the community* A variety of activities can be accessed through the program: |
* Responsible Thinking Group Program - a twelve-week program that helps young people examine the way they think and how this affects their behaviour. The goal of the group is to help young person change the way s/he thinks to achieve pro-social results. Topics such as violence, anger, victims, dating, sexuality, school, peers, etc. are addressed including discussions that assist the young people in setting achievable goals
* Aggression Replacement Training - A twenty-four-session (twice per week) group program incorporates social skills development, moral reasoning and anger management components. This group is appropriate for young people with a history of aggressive or assaultive behaviour
* Parent Support Group - Parents discuss a variety of topics relating to raising adolescents and receive support from staff and other group members. This group is offered weekly and childcare is provided for younger siblings during the group.
* Individualized Youth and Family Intervention - Counseling, support and advocacy are provided for the young person and their family based on their individual goal areas.
* Clinical Services - Social workers, psychologists or psychiatrists may become involved as deemed necessary by the youth's individual treatment plan.
* Apprenticeships - Young people who have completed school or who are not returning to school are linked with community based apprenticeship programs.
* School Advocacy and Support - Youth and Family Workers provide support to young people by meeting with local school representatives and advocating on their behalf.
* Housing Support - Assistance is provided to young people who either do not live in the home or who are unable to live with their families to locate suitable living arrangements.
* Community Supervision and Support - Youth Workers provide supervision of young people who are deemed to require additional supervision (over and above that provided by Probation) at the request of the Case Manager. Youth Workers work closely with the Case Manager to ensure that young people referred receive adequate supervision during their supervised community time.
* Connection to Community Services - Assistance is provided to the young person and his/her family to connect with programs and services within the community that provide further support and intervention.
Banyan's programs and services under the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) are funded by the Provincial Government.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Central Ontario ; Southwestern Ontario|
|Eligibility||Ages: 12 year(s) - 17 year(s) |
Young people who are on probation can be referred to the program by their Case Manager (Probation Officer).
|Bus Routes||(22) UPPER OTTAWA ; (43) STONE CHURCH|
|Service Categories||Adolescent/Youth Counselling ; Anger Management ~ Young Offenders ; Apprenticeship Training ~ Young Offenders ; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy ~ Young Offenders ; Family Preservation Programs ; Intensive Supervision of Offenders ~ Young Offenders ; Juvenile Delinquency Prevention ; Parent Support Groups ~ Parents of Teens ~ Young Offenders ; School System Advocacy ~ Young Offenders|
|Subjects||Counselling ; Young offenders ; Youth|