|Address & Map|
|Site Location||St Charles Centre|
|Major Intersection||John St S and Charleton Ave E|
|Office Phone||905-577-0555 * Press 3|
|Primary Contact||Kathy Speziale, Supervisor|
|Accessibility||Partially Accessible - no elevator to 2nd floor|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board through the St. Charles Adult Education Centres provides a wide range of Adult Education programming. |
The St Charles Adult Education Centres provides:
* English As A Second Language classes (ESL,TOEFL, LINC, Credit, Co-op, CELBAN Testing, Co-op, Citizenship)
* Adult Basic Literacy/Numeracy Programs (LBS)
* Adult Day School (Credit)Programs
* Independent Learning Credits
* Credit Co-op
* Computer Programs-General Interest Workshops
* Personal Support Worker Certification Program
* Chef Training
* Night School
* Summer School
* International Languages
* 196 Wentworth Street North (Mission Services) – Academic Upgrading (LBS) Literacy and Basic Skills Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* 443 James Street North – ESL, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* 1545 Stonechurch Road East (Mountain Mosque) – ESL for women, Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
List of St Charles Adult Education Centres and Programs located throughout the City of Hamilton.
Childcare is available at this location (LINC students only).
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-12 noon, 12:30 pm-3:30 pm * Evenings Mon-Thu 6 pm-9 pm * Summer hours Mon-Fri 9 am-3:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up |
Adults; Seniors * International Languages and tutoring programs available for ages 18 and under
|Bus Routes||(6) ABERDEEN ; (21) UPPER KENILWORTH ; (22) UPPER OTTAWA ; (23) UPPER GAGE ; (24) UPPER SHERMAN ; (25) UPPER WENTWORTH ; (26) UPPER WELLINGTON ; (27) UPPER JAMES ; (33) SANATORIUM ; (35) COLLEGE|
|Fees||Processing/Consumable Fee/General Interest Computer Course Fees * people on a lower income may qualify for financial assistance|
|Languages||English ; Arabic ; Chinese ; Croatian ; Polish ; Spanish ; Ukrainian|
|Service Categories||Adult Basic Education ~ Administrative Entities ; Adult High School Diploma Programs ; Computer and Related Technology Classes ; Distance Education ~ Administrative Entities ; English as a Second Language ~ Administrative Entities ; Summer School Programs|
|Subjects||Academic upgrading ; Adult education ; Citizenship ; Computer training ; Computers ; Education ; English as a second language ; Literacy ; Literacy instruction|
|Local Subjects||Personal support worker|