|Address & Map|
|Major Intersection||Barton St E and Lake Ave|
|Office Phone||905-577-0555 * Press 5|
|Primary Contact||Neelam Tandon, Supervisor|
|Located In Community||Hamilton East|
|Description||The Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board through the St. Charles Adult Education Centres provides a wide range of Adult Education programming. |
The St Charles Adult Education Centres provide:
* English As A Second Language classes (ESL,TOEFL, LINC, Credit, Specialized Language Training, CELBAN Testing, Citizenship)
* Adult Basic Literacy/Numeracy Programs (LBS)
* Adult High School
* Independent Learning Credits (correspondence courses)
* Computer Programs-General Interest Workshops & Credit
* Personal Support Worker Certification Program
* Chef Training
* Night School
* Summer School
* International Languages
* NEW! Citizenship Preparation Course
* 196 Wentworth Street North (Mission Services) – Academic Upgrading (LBS) Literacy and Basic Skills Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* 443 James Street North – ESL, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
* 1545 Stonechurch Road East (Mountain Mosque) – ESL for women, Tuesday & Thursday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
List of St Charles Adult Education Centres and Programs located throughout the City of Hamilton.
Childcare is available at this location (LINC students only)
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-12 noon, 12:30 pm-3:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up |
|Bus Routes||(2) BARTON ; (56) CONFEDERATION PARK|
|Fees||Processing/Consumable Fee/General Interest Computer Course Fees * people on a lower income may qualify for financial assistance|
|Languages||English ; Croatian ; Polish ; Spanish ; Ukrainian|
|Service Categories||Adult Basic Education ; Adult High School Diploma Programs ; Adult Literacy Programs ; Citizenship Education ; Community Adult Schools ; Computer and Related Technology Classes ; Distance Education ; English as a Second Language ; GED Instruction ; Language Instruction ; Language Proficiency Testing ; Postsecondary Instructional Programs ; Subject Tutoring ; Summer School Programs ; TOEFL Test Preparation ; Vocational English as a Second Language|
|Subjects||Academic upgrading ; Adult education ; Citizenship ; Computer training ; Computers ; Education ; English as a second language ; Literacy ; Literacy instruction|
|Local Subjects||Personal support worker|