Property Information and Taxes, Tax Rebate Programs, Seniors Tax Rebate Program
|Address & Map|
|Major Intersection||Bay St S and Main St W|
|Mailing Address||c/o Tax Department |
PO Box 2040 STN LCD1
71 Main St W
Hamilton, ON L8N 0A3
|Office Phone||905-546-2489 (CITY)|
|Alternate Name (Internal use only)||City of Hamilton ; Elderly Tax Rebate|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||You may be eligible for a property tax credit if you or your spouse meets the following qualifications: |
* You are 65 years of age prior to January 1
* The combined income of the house owner and spouse is $32,472 or less
* The owner, or spouse of the owner, or both, occupies the residential property as his, her or their personal residence.
* The personal residence is occupied by the owner or his or her spouse at the time when the tax rebate application is made and for at least 182 days during the City Taxation Year.
* The assessed value of your residential property must be below 333,600 which represents 120% of the municipality’s average single family residential assessment.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Dates||A house owner may apply at any time during the year (and up until the last day of February of the following year)|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 65 year(s) and up|
|Application||Application forms are mailed with tax bills in the June tax brochure once the City's budget approves the annual changes * If a person has not received their application, they can pick one up at the City Property Tax Department * Only one credit per owner.|
|Bus Routes||(1) KING ; (2) BARTON ; (3) CANNON ; (5) DELAWARE - STONEY CREEK ; (6) ABERDEEN ; (7) LOCKE|
|Service Categories||Property Tax Information ~ Older Adults ~ Low Income ; Property Tax Payment Assistance ~ Older Adults ~ Low Income|
|Subjects||Municipal government ; Property tax ; Tax credits|