Voluntary Advisory Committees, Committee Against Racism
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address & Map|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Major Intersection||Bay St S and Main St W|
|Office Phone||905-546-2424 ext 6419|
|TTY Phone||Bell Relay|
|Mailing Address||c/o Maxine Carter, Access and Equity Office|
|Primary Contact||Maxine Carter, Access and Equity Coordinator|
|Description & Services|
|Accessibility||Not Applicable - No physical location|
To advise, advocate and consult on relevant issues in the community of Hamilton relating to racism and its consequences and anti-racism strategies its benefits.
* Encourage every person, regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship and/or creed, to participate in programs for the improvement of community relations and the fulfillment of Human Rights
* To consult with individuals and/or groups with respect to complaints regarding racism and to make referrals within the community for complainants
* To work actively with institutions and all other relevant organizations, including education, police services, emergency services, public, private, voluntary sector and all levels of government to advise, consult, advocate and to promote proactive measures pertaining to racism and its consequences
* Initiate and facilitate discussions between individuals and/or groups to address issues and concerns of racism and/or while promoting respect and understanding in the community.
* Make recommendations to the City of Hamilton on issues relating to Equity in Employment as well as issues relating to anti-racism.
Members of the Committee will be vigilant about the need for equitable treatment for all without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or ability level.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Meetings||Meetings are held on the 4th Tue of each month.|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Application||Committee members are recruited, selected and formed at the beginning of each new City Council Term.|
|Alternate Name (Internal use only)||City of Hamilton Advisory Committee|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Hamilton|
|Elections||Every four years|