|Record #: HAM0510
||Last Modified: 05 Jun 2013
||Last Full Update: 05 Jun 2013
|Early Years Information|
|Early Years Headings||Children's Health ; Hospital or Health Care Organization|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address & Map|
414 Victoria Ave N, Ste M2
Hamilton, ON L8L 5G8
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Major Intersection||Victoria Ave N and Barton St E|
|Primary Contact||David Gooch, Executive Director; Phone: ext 2265; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Description & Services|
|Description||VON Hamilton is a charitable, multi-service organization which provides health and support services to enhance the health and quality of life of people living in the community * Programs serve clients of all ages, from seniors to young children and include: |
* Visiting Nursing
* Visiting Palliative Care
* Adult Day Program for Individuals with Dementia
* In-Home Respite Service for Caregivers
* Overnight Respite Service
* Caregiver Education Series
* Meals On Wheels
* Congregate Dining
* Volunteer Visiting
* Hospice Volunteer Service
* Volunteer Assisted Transportation
* Good Beginnings
* Wellness Clinics
* Flu Immunization
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Boundaries||The City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek|
|Eligibility||Varies upon program or service|
|Funding||United Way - Burlington and Greater Hamilton|
|Service Categories||Home Health Care ~ Administrative Entities|
|Publication Information - eg. Red Book|
|Red Book Description||VON Hamilton is a charitable, multi-service organization which provides health and support services to enhance the health and quality of life of people living in the community. VON programs serve clients of all ages, from seniors to young children and include:
- Caregiver Support and Adult Day Programs
Phone: 905-523-1055; Fax: 905-527-6063
These programs provide support, education and respite to family caregivers who are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer Disease, dementia or a similar condition and include:
- Adult Day Centre - assists adults with memory loss, dementia, or physical disabilities to have a day out in a supportive setting, while the family caregiver takes a break from caregiving. The building is secured to keep participants safe from wandering
- Family Caregiver Education Program - offered for family members and friends caring for an adult with a long-term health condition or illness. The series consists of four sessions, 2 hours each and is offered at different times and locations throughout the City.
- In-Home Respite Service for Caregivers - a regular break from caregiving for up to 20 hours per month. A personal support worker provides companionship and help for the adult in care to participate in usual home activities and assists the individual with personal care as needed.
- Health and Wellness Services
VON Health Promotion services which assist individuals to maintain or improve health for people at all stages of life.
- Foot Care Clinics - (Various Locations throughout the City)
Phone: 905-529-0700; Fax: 905-528-4113
Provided for seniors, disabled, and the general public throughout the Hamilton area. Call or visit VON website for the nearest location and clinic hours. These clinics are open to the public.
- Meal Services
Phone: 905-522-1022; Fax: 905-522-6622
- Congregate Dining - at a community location. Transportation is available.
- Meals on Wheels - for residents of Hamilton and Stoney Creek who are unable to attend to their own nutritional needs, but wish to continue living independently in the community. Volunteers deliver noon time meals from Monday to Friday and provide social contact and monitor the well being of the recipient.
- Nursing Services
Phone: 905-529-0700; Fax: 905-528-4113
Nursing Services individualized to client needs available 7 days/week, 24 hours/day, year round.
- Visiting Nursing - assist clients to attain and maintain their highest level of independence and quality of life. VON nurses also provide support to caregivers and families in their caregiving roles.
- Palliative Care Nursing - specialized VON Nursing team whose staff supports clients facing a life threatening illness.
- Volunteer Services
Phone: 905-522-0053; Fax: 905-522-6622
Volunteer services through VON complements the services provided by health professionals. VON volunteers provide the following services:
- Friendly Visiting - friendship, support, comfort and companionship from dedicated trained volunteers for disabled, elderly and chronically ill persons.
- Good Beginnings - provides friendship and emotional support for parents overwhelmed with the care of their newborn(s), for new Canadians with infants, for single parent with newborn and for parent(s) with multiple births, who have minimal or no support from family and friends. The program provides assistance with care of newborn(s) with parent supervision. Volunteers are screened and specially trained.
- Palliative In-Home Hospice Volunteer Service - provides compassionate care to individuals facing a life-threatening illness, respite relief for caregivers, listening, support and bereavement follow-up support. The program also offers bereavement support to family members and friends as necessary following the death of a loved one.
- Transportation Services - drives seniors to medical appointments. Volunteer drivers give door-to door personal service and assist with canes and wheeled walker.