|Site Location||North End|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 368 |
Hamilton, ON L8L 7W2
|Primary Contact||Valerie Sadler, Program Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Pastor Edward Raddatz, Executive Director|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Description||Inasmuch House is a safe 37 bed emergency shelter for women and children in crisis due to abuse and homelessness operating 24 hours, 7 days a week. Prepared meals, clothing, laundry facilities and personal needs are provided. |
* 24-hour crisis telephone line, providing confidential crisis support for non-residents and ex-residents.
* Free emergency transportation by taxi to the shelter.
* We provide a positive, healing environment through abuse education, therapeutic programming and safety planning to women, children and youth.
* We provide information and referrals to supportive services in the community, including advocacy on legal rights, employment, O. W., housing and education.
* We offer community presentation speakers to schools, professional agencies, churches and community groups, to speak on violence against women, dating violence, healthy relationships and abuse prevention.
* Interpretation services.
* Volunteer and post-secondary student placement opportunities.
* Transitional Support Worker Program (TSW Program)is a free service designed to provide support to women and their children within the community who have experienced violence and abuse. TSW's will assist women in identifying and connecting with the kinds of supports and services required to establish violence and abuse-free lives.
* The Legal Advocate is a free service designed to provide support to women within the community who have experienced violence and abuse. The Legal Advocate will assist victims in identifying, connecting and advocating through various legal services.
* The LEAF program is a free early intervention program for children age 4-16 who have witnessed the abuse of their mothers. The purpose of this program is to provide women and children with a safe place to discuss the abuse they have been exposed to. Each group will run 10 weeks with each session running 1 1/2 hours. All services are free, confidential and include childcare, transportation assistance, snacks and wheelchair accessibility.
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up |
Single women/ women with children in crisis experiencing any type of abuse or homelessness regardless of ability, age, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, financial or education status.
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services ; Dutch ; German ; Spanish ; Indonesian|
|Service Categories||Domestic Violence Shelters ~ Assaulted Women ; Domestic Violence Shelters ~ Children of Assaulted Women/Men ; Homeless Shelter ; Personal Emergency Response Systems ~ Assaulted Women|
|Subjects||Addictions ; Assaulted women ; Counselling ; Distress lines ; Emergencies ; Family violence ; Security systems ; Shelters ; Women|