Village of Wentworth Heights (The)
|Category Links to Other Records|
|Older Adult Categories||LONG TERM CARE (ALL)|
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address & Map|
|Located In Community||Hamilton Mountain East|
|Site Location||Wentworth Heights Village|
|Major Intersection||Upper Wentworth St and Rymal Rd E|
|Primary Contact||Ms Vanda Koukounakis, General Manager|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Wentworth Heights Long Term Care Home (LTC) is a 120 bed Ministry of Health licensed centre. The centre has 4 separate specialized care units called Home areas including: |
* The Active Dementia Care Home area for persons with Alzheimers and related dementia who are wandering and physically active
* The Advanced Dementia Care Home area for persons with Alzheimers and related dementia who are no longer wandering or physically active and whose care needs are primarily of a physical nature.
* The Advanced Physical Care Home area for persons who are cognitively alert and whose care needs are primarily physical in nature. This home area also includes a unit for young adults where their unique recreational and social needs can be met.
* The Behavioural Support Home area for persons whose care needs are of a behavioural nature.
Also on the same site will be the Wentworth Heights Retirement Home which is a 150 bed retirement home offering ground floor patio suites for relatively independent seniors and including a supportive care floor for seniors experiencing mild to moderate dementia. This new facility is not expected to be available until at least 2015.
The common amenities at Wentworth Heights include:
* A library
* Parlours with fireplaces
* A games room
* Indoor cafe
* General store
* Rehabilitation and Medical Clinic
* A chapel
* Community centre and greenhouse
* Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
* Resident kitchens & laundromat
* Hobby & craft rooms
* Large family lounges
* Family dining room
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Boundaries||The City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up |
Eligibility determined by CCAC or case manager. Client must be 18 years or older, have a valid health card, have maximized available community supports, and have care requirements that can be met in long term care.
|Application||Apply through the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) 905-523-8600 |
|Fees||Service - Monthly rent * sliding scale ; Fees determined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care|
|Other Links for Searching|
|Service Categories||Nursing Facilities|
© Older Adult Programs and Services Database, 2008