Hamilton Downtown Mosque
|Location, Telephone & Internet|
|Address||96 Wilson St|
Hamilton, On L8R 1C9
|Located In Community||Hamilton Central|
|Major Intersection||John St N and King St E|
|Primary Executive||Wahed Al-Jabry, President|
|Description & Services|
|Description||Place of worship for the Sunni (Traditional) Muslim community. |
* Five daily congregational prayers.
* Friday prayer at 1:30 p.m.
* Weekly Lecture in English after sunset.
* Children Classes: September - May: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 6:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
* High School Students: March Break, Summer & Winter Camps.
* Youth: Weekly Soccer game: Every Saturday: Indoor OCT- APR. Outdoor: MAY - AUG
* Eid Prayers.
* Social Services: A. Family & individual counseling; B. Mediation.
* Hospital/Correction Centres visits (upon request)
* Religious Marriage Services.
* Community Garage Sale (once a year)
* Community Winter Clothes Drive (once a year)
* Community Picnic & BBQ (once a year)
* Eid Gift Drive for Children
* Group or individual informational visits/tours to the Mosque.
* Lectures/Presentations at your Community Centre/work place/organization about Islamic Culture and Canadian Muslims.
|Hours||Open from 1:00pm up until 2 hours after sunset|
|Areas Served||Hamilton (City of)|
|Boundaries||The City of Hamilton including Ancaster, Dundas, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Hamilton and Stoney Creek|
|Languages||English ; French ; Arabic ; Bengali ; Dari ; Farsi (Persian) ; Somali ; Swahili ; Urdu ; Uzbek|
|Alternate Name (Internal use only)||Downtown Mosque ; Hamilton Downtown Musalla|
|Print Material||Booklets |
|Funding||Donations ; Membership Fees|
|Elections||Every two years|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit ; (51) Registered Charity|
|Service Categories||Islamic Mosques ; Worship Services|